Steve Huff’s Current Technology 2.0 is now officially the first electric car exceed 200mph – 201.07mph to be exact – in the quarter mile at the dragstrip. This vehicle is based on a 240″ wheelbase NHRA dragster that’s powered by an 800-volt custom lithium polymer battery, mated to two custom-wound axial flux dual stack electric motors generating 2400 horsepower and 2000 lb-ft of torque. Read more for the video and additional information.
Even with the driver, Current Technology 2.0 weighs in at just 2,010-pounds. Most are used to hearing the rumble of dragsters, but this vehicle makes absolutely no noise on its way to a 7.52-second quarter mile pass.
- It’s always race day with this 2-in-1 LEGO Technic Dragster pull-back toy car that rebuilds into a cool Hot Rod!
- Kids can learn how a dragster works, then lock in the wheelie bar to perform heart-pumping wheelies, or attempt to win the speed record!
- Pull back and release, it really is that simple; even young racers will be able to recreate the thrill and speed of race day, and they can rebuild their Dragster into a pull-back LEGO Hot Rod!
- This 2-in-1 LEGO Technic car racing toy sparks imagination, offers endless build-and-play fun, and is a creativity-filled holiday, birthday or anyday gift for kids ages 7+ who like building challenges, hot rods and pull-back toy cars
- When built, the LEGO Dragster measures over 12” (32cm) long, 4” (12cm) high and 3” (10cm) wide, making this building toy just the right size for race-day role-play