Photo credit: Paul Breshke via Car Scoops
The Porsche 911 is the automaker’s iconic two-door, 2+2 high performance rear-engined sports car, first introduced in September 1964 by Porsche AG of Stuttgart, Germany. Ever since its introduction, the model has kept a rear-mounted flat-six engine and all round independent suspension, with the basic concept remaining unchanged. Industrial designer Paul Breshke has come up with a futuristic redesign of this vehicle. Read more for additional pictures and information.
Though the exterior remains similar to its predecessors, the interior now features a Genesis GV80 and G80 inspired design. You’ll also notice that there are no side / rear mirrors and that’s because they’ve been replaced with cameras. Current models have been modified for racing, rallying, and other forms of automotive competition, so there’s tons of potential for any future model, even if it sports an all-electric drivetrain.
- Build and explore the LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR—an icon of innovative engineering and design!
- Exclusive LEGO Technic replica of the Porsche 911 RSR sports car
- Realistic details include aerodynamic bodywork, black spoked rims, working differential, working steering, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons
- Porsche 911 RSR model car measures over 5-inch (13cm) high, 19-inch (50cm) long and 7-inch (20cm) wide 1580 pieces – For boys and girls aged 10+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building