Iceland’s Fagradalsfjall volcano, located near Reykjavik, erupted or the first time in over 800 years. Resident Bjorn Steinbekk decided to take his new DJI FPV drone out to the majestic sight to capture some footage, or at least attempt to. Despite the extremely high temperatures (u to 1,250° C), the drone came out unscathed flying over the crather and more. The eruption began in the vicinity of Mount Fagradalasfjal, the westernmost part of the top mountain of the Reykjanes Peninsula. Read more for two videos and additional information.
There were thousands of earthquakes detected in the weeks leading up to the eruption, and were most likely caused by magma intrusions, or molten rock movement about a kilometer below the Earth’s crust. Seismic activity on the peninsula decreased before the eruption eventually occurred, but it’s not expected to wreak havoc in air travel as did ash from the Eyjafjallajökull eruption in 2010.
- 【IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE】Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 【4K/60FPS VIDEO】The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- 【BRAND-NEW S MODE】Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- 【ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES】An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- 【OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM 】Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.