Minneapolis-based Rally Studios is so masterful with their drone footage that the footage has even caught the eye of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn. Their most recent clip of the Bryant Lake Bowl bowling alley went viral a few weeks ago, and this time, the team visited Minnesota’s Mall of America for a cinematic short. It begins at the Kaleidoscope public art installation before making it over to Nickelodeon Universe. Read more for the video and additional information.
The fun doesn’t stop there, as the drone also follow the Rally Studios crew in rollerblades as a homage to “D2: The Mighty Ducks” before flying into the seven-acre indoor theme park. We then chase roller coasters and weaves between attractions before taking zooming over giant sculptures located on top of the LEGO store.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition.
After a busy morning of strapping on rollerblades and chasing rollercoasters with a drone, we are extremely proud of this footage and look forward to future shoots with the Mall of America team,” said Rally Studios cinematographer Jay Christensen.
Oh my God this drone shot is stupendous. 🎳 pic.twitter.com/bUcfRtq70O
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) March 9, 2021