The SpaceX Starship SN15 prototype rocket lifted off at 6:24 PM EDT and performed a belly-flop before managing a soft landing, with just a fire at the bottom of the spacecraft caused by the methane fuel it uses. This marks the first successful landing after four previous prototypes ending in explosions. SpaceX will use the data gathered from these prototypes to develop a much larger Starship that will one day transport humans to the Moon, Mars and beyond. Read more for the complete launch and landing video.
To prevent the explosions of its predecessors, the SpaceX team upgraded several parts, including the rocket hardware, communication / navigation systems, software and the Raptor engines. This fully reusable, two‑stage‑to‑orbit super heavy‑lift launch vehicle is comprised of a booster stage named Super Heavy, and a second stage, also called “Starship.” The second stage will be designated as a long‑duration cargo and passenger‑carrying spacecraft. On long-duration trips, Starship will serve as both the second stage and the in‑space long‑duration orbital spaceship.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36cm) long and 18” (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play
- Designed for Lego 60228,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights,strip lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
The FAA has authorized the next three launches of the SpaceX Starship prototype. The agency approved multiple launches because SpaceX is making few changes to the launch vehicle and relied on the FAA’s approved methodology to calculate the risk to the public,” said FAA officials.