Photo credit: Graham Hutchings
Dyson is a British technology company established in the United Kingdom by Sir James Dyson in 1991. They design and manufacture various household appliances such as vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, hand dryers, bladeless fans, heaters, hair dryers, and lights. What if they decided to make a supercar? It might look like this vehicle by designer Graham Hutchings, or in other words, a giant vacuum cleaner. Read more for additional pictures.
Sir James Dyson didn’t have a smooth road to success, as before his first Dual Cyclone vacuum cleaner hit stores in 1993, he spent 15 years creating 5,126 versions that failed before he made one that worked. However, the payoff was well worth it. He now runs a multi-billion dollar company known for its creativity and forward-thinking designs. Dyson first licensed the technology in North America from 1986 to 2001 to Fantom Technologies, after which they entered the market directly.
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction; Washable lifetime filter
- Up to 40 minutes run time when using a non-motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning; Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning; Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 8 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Designed to deep clean homes with pets; Whole machine filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe; Up to 25 minutes of working time with motorized floor tool attached