The Einride Pod has been undergoing road-testing since last year, and now, this autonomous, all-electric freight truck may be ready for the actual streets. No human driver inside the cabin is required, as it can operate completely autonomously while traveling between 80-110 miles per charge, transporting up to 18 pallets in back, with a maximum cargo weight of 16 tonnes. As for technology, the self-driving system consists of a freight management platform, electric cargo hauling and autonomous technology. Read more to see its record-setting run on the Top Gear test track.
This is the first time that an Autonomous Electric Transport (AET) vehicle set a time on the Top Gear circuit. Unfortunately, you won’t see The Stig cheering from the sidelines, nor any commentary from the hosts, but it’s definitely worth a watch or two.
- Powerful speed : this remote control truck is designed with durable, strong and powerful components to provide you the realistic racing and off-road game experience. It has the speed of 30 mph powered by a 390 brushed motor. This will be a great mini off-road toy car specially made outdoors entertainment at the park, beach and camping activities.
- Strong shockproof resistance : The four wheels consist of bouncing spring materials which give support to unexpected dropping and the unstable surface of the ground, make you enjoy the toy car for a longer period of time. Four-wheel drive and full Four-direction control also enable actions like racing forward or backward and turning left or right.
- Superior control experience : with a range of up to 260 feet and highly responsive steering and throttle, the ergonomic transmitter of the radio remote control car ensures superior control.
- Heavy duty wheels : it has durable and well-designed tires spikes and wheels to provide high speed and stable running performance. It can be moved by the motor smoothly which is supported by bouncing spring materials to enhance performance.
- Powered with rechargeable 7.4V batteries : using the original battery on fully charged condition, It will last up to 20-30 minutes on a non-stop operation, plus we include an extra original battery to extend playtime up to 20-30 minutes more.
With the launch of our next-generation Pod, we set our sights higher than ever to deliver Autonomous Electric Transport (AET) to the world sooner than many believed to be possible. This record-setting demonstration is our way of showing the world that we are ready to scale this technology, commercially and in terms of capability,” said Robert Falck, Einride CEO.