SpaceX founder Elon Musk recently conducted an interview where he talked about artificial intelligence (AI) and space travel, with the focus being on how soon we’ll see humans on the surface of Mars. He stated that he’ll be first sending on uncrewed mission on Starship to land on Mars within the next two years, since the Earth-Mars synchronization, or their relative orbits around the Sun, occurs every 26 months. Read more for two videos and additional information.
If the uncrewed mission is a success, Musk plans to send humans to the red planet by 2026. However, even before the human mission to Mars, Musk said that he will be traveling to space himself in two to three years. The manned mission may launch cargo as well as up to 100 people aboard a single Starship craft, which is currently preparing for a high-altitude flight test at SpaceX’s Texas development facility.
- Powered by the sun: solar panel included in the construction kit powers the Mars rover and makes it move when in direct sunlight
- Everything you need: laser-cut wooden components, easy-to-follow instructions, solar panel, sandpaper, and learning guide with interesting facts about the Moon and outer space. No need for special tools
- Great 3D puzzle for kids and adults: This solar-powered Mars rover is fantastic for kids and adults with an interest in engineering, model-building, and space exploration
- Encourages critical thinking: 3D Mars rover model kit engages critical thinking skills in kids during construction
- Respected quality – providing children with the best educational STEM toys, this kit comes with National Geographic’s 100% satisfaction guarantee