Photo credit: Reddit via Car Scoops
For those who have never heard of the Saga, it’s basically a series of compact and subcompact cars produced by Malaysian automobile manufacturer Proton. The model was first introduced in 1985 and is currently the company’s longest-running and best-selling nameplate, with over 1.8 million units produced over 35 years. Unfortunately, some of them get transformed into other things, like this strange Nissan GT-R of sorts. Read more for a video of it on the street.
If this knockoff looks somewhat familiar, it could be due to the fact that the first generation Saga was developed as the result of a joint venture between HICOM and Mitsubishi Motors. It was based on the 1983 Lancer Fiore sedan, and was available in 4-door saloon and 5-door hatchback guises. This GT-R knockoff swaps out nearly all the body panels, headlights, doors, and even adds a front-mounted intercooler, typically found on turbocharged vehicles.
- Build the awesome McLaren Senna, featuring a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, interchangeable wheel rims, and McLaren and Senna logo stickers, and a wind tunnel then play out car development and race scenarios
- Includes a McLaren racing driver minifigure in a racing suit featuring the McLaren Senna and Pirelli logos, a helmet and spanner
- McLaren Senna toy car for kids measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (15cm) long and 1-inch (5cm) wide Wind tunnel measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (6cm) wide and 1-inch (4cm) deep
- 219 pieces – Model car for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 toy car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO toy construction sets and LEGO bricks for creative play