Photo credit: Reddit via Car Scoops
For those who have never heard of the Saga, it’s basically a series of compact and subcompact cars produced by Malaysian automobile manufacturer Proton. The model was first introduced in 1985 and is currently the company’s longest-running and best-selling nameplate, with over 1.8 million units produced over 35 years. Unfortunately, some of them get transformed into other things, like this strange Nissan GT-R of sorts. Read more for a video of it on the street.
If this knockoff looks somewhat familiar, it could be due to the fact that the first generation Saga was developed as the result of a joint venture between HICOM and Mitsubishi Motors. It was based on the 1983 Lancer Fiore sedan, and was available in 4-door saloon and 5-door hatchback guises. This GT-R knockoff swaps out nearly all the body panels, headlights, doors, and even adds a front-mounted intercooler, typically found on turbocharged vehicles.
- Build the awesome McLaren Senna, featuring a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, interchangeable wheel rims, and McLaren and Senna logo stickers, and a wind tunnel then play out car development and race scenarios
- Includes a McLaren racing driver minifigure in a racing suit featuring the McLaren Senna and Pirelli logos, a helmet and spanner
- McLaren Senna toy car for kids measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide Wind tunnel measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
- 219 pieces – Model car for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 toy car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO toy construction sets and LEGO bricks for creative play