The Ferrari SP48 Unica has been officially unveiled, and its the automaker’s latest one-off supercar that was crafted to the specifications of a single client. This two-seater sports berlinetta is powered by the same twin-turbo V8 as the F8 Tributo making 710 horsepower and 568 pound-feet of torque, mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
It’s based on the F8 Tributo platform, but unlike that vehicle, this one-off utilized procedural-parametric modeling techniques and 3D prototyping (additive manufacturing) to allow the Ferrari team to completely redesign the front grille as well as engine air intakes. One thing the Ferrari Styling Center designers did not change was the cabin, as it retains the F8 Tributo’s technical identity, aside from the rear screen. You’ll find black laser-perforated Alcantara seats and cabin trim, along with reddish-orange fabric that match the exterior color. This one-off probably won’t be heading to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, like the Ferrari P80/C.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO Technic model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons and functioning steering wheel
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars and motorsport
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide
The Special Projects program creates unique Ferraris (so-called ‘One-Offs’) characterized by an exclusive design crafted around the requirements of each individual client to ensure each one becomes the owner of a genuinely one-of-a-kind model,” said the company.