Startup Thinking Huts partnered with architectural and 3D technology firms for the “Building Minds Project,” which will build the world’s first 3D-printed school in the Southeastern Anosy region of Madagascar. Sustainability is key, and that’s why the buildings will feature 3D-printed walls, and locally-sourced construction materials for the roof, doors, as well as windows. This area was chosen for its economic growth potential, political stability, and solar energy possibilities. Read more for additional pictures and information.
To form the necessary local community partnerships for the Madagascar pilot, Thinking Huts partnered with locally-based nonprofit, SEED, in the Southeastern Anosy region. The startup is currently finalizing the architectural scale 3D printer partner to supply the equipment, materials, and technology to implement the Thinking Hut design.
- REMOVABLE BUILD SURFACE PLATE: Provide all-round protection to your 3D printer build plate and ensure consistent temperature throughout the build surface. Easy to remove the printing models after cooling.
- SAFE POWER SUPPLY: Ender 3 Pro comes with a UL Certified power supply, protecting your printer from unexpected power surges, that can heat the hot bed to 110℃ in just 5 minutes.
- RESUME PRINT FUNCTION: Ender 3 Pro can resume printing from the last recorded extruder position after suffering unexpected power outages.
- SEMI-ASSEMBLED KIT: This easy-to-setup kit comes partially assembled, allowing you to learn about the basic construction of 3D printers as you finish putting it together. A fun STEM educational experience in mechanical engineering and electronics.
- WHAT YOU GET: Ceality Ender 3 Pro 3D pinrter, lifetime technical assistance and 24 hours professional customer service.
There is an opportunity for us to combine technology with humanitarian-driven goals. I envision a future where we close the global opportunity gap. Education is at the root of tackling many problems the world faces today such as inequality, health epidemics, and economic growth. In order to cross the frontier, we must embrace innovation,” said Maggie Grout, Founder of Thinking Huts.