Let’s face it, the Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons have earned a poor reputation due to their joystick drift issues, but one gamer wanted to solve this issue in the most creative way possible. So, Shank Mods decided to take apart a Wavebird wireless controller and transform it into a pair of functional Joy-Cons that work just like the original, including the shoulder buttons for shared-screen multiplayer, but minus infrared functionality. Read more for the build video and additional information.
Yes, there’s even a custom center piece to join both halves into a single game controller. Shank Mods will offer the CAD files for experienced modders to attempt themselves, but just be aware that you’ll have to 3D-print your own missing buttons, modify others, and deal with all of the electrical wiring issues that will arise. If you want the factory GameCube indigo color, some painting needs to be thrown in as well.
- Play your way with the Nintendo Switch gaming system. Whether you’re at home or on the go, solo or with friends, the Nintendo Switch system is designed to fit your life. Dock your Nintendo Switch to enjoy HD gaming on your TV. Heading out? Just undock your console and keep playing in handheld mode
- This model includes battery life of approximately 4.5 to 9 hours
- The battery life will depend on the games you play. For instance, the battery will last approximately 5.5 hours for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (games sold separately)
- Model number HAC 001( 01)
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming
- Optimized for personal, handheld play; Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built in plus Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode