Let’s face it, the Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons have earned a poor reputation due to their joystick drift issues, but one gamer wanted to solve this issue in the most creative way possible. So, Shank Mods decided to take apart a Wavebird wireless controller and transform it into a pair of functional Joy-Cons that work just like the original, including the shoulder buttons for shared-screen multiplayer, but minus infrared functionality. Read more for the build video and additional information.
Yes, there’s even a custom center piece to join both halves into a single game controller. Shank Mods will offer the CAD files for experienced modders to attempt themselves, but just be aware that you’ll have to 3D-print your own missing buttons, modify others, and deal with all of the electrical wiring issues that will arise. If you want the factory GameCube indigo color, some painting needs to be thrown in as well.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)
- Handheld Nintendo Switch gaming at a great price
- For every member of your family, there’s a member of ours
- Optimized for personal, handheld play, Nintendo Switch Lite is a small and light Nintendo Switch system
- Features a sleek, unibody design with fully integrated controls and a built-in plus Control Pad
- Compatible with all physical and digital Nintendo Switch games that support Handheld mode