A woman from Dubai knew that there are countless knockoff AirPods being sold online, but the last thing she expected was to receive a giant Bluetooth speaker shaped like Apple’s earphones. For the record, she paid $62 USD for a pair of these speakers, and some users on social media have compared the fake AirPods to a hairdryer. Read more for a hands-on video and additional information.
According to someone who has purchased this giant speaker knockoff, they are designed to be 100X scale compared to its authentic counterpart. It is supposed to retail for $12 USD, and offers mediocre sound quality. It features FM radio, a TF card slot, auxiliary input, and USB connectivity for charging.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
So today I received my Airpods from Amazon. God these are huge. I got the AirPods from Amazon last month. I knew they were fake because Amazon sells weird stuff, and it wasn’t expensive. I was shocked not going to lie, but we move on,” said the woman.