Last year, GM Defense partnered with Ricardo Defense to develop ISV prototypes for testing, evaluation and down-selection for the production contract. This week, the U.S. Army Contracting Command–Detroit Arsenal announced that GM Defense has been awarded a $214.3-million contract to build, field and sustain the Army’s new Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV). Read more for two videos and additional information.
The ISV is based on the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck and uses 90% commercial off-the-shelf parts, including multimatic dual spool-valve dampers as well as Chevrolet Performance suspension components. In addition to being equipped with an occupant and cargo superstructure, it’s powered by a 2.8L Duramax turbo-diesel engine producing 186 hp, mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
- Build and experience an iconic supercar—the LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1!
- 2-in-1 LEGO Technic set: rebuilds into a Hot Rod replica model
- This collectible car model features a large rear wing, 4 tailpipes, black spoked rims with low-profile tires, working steering and visible moving V8 pistons
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide Hot Rod measures over 3” (8cm) high, 9” (23cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide 579 pieces – For boys and girls aged 9+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 42093 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
The entire Ricardo team is proud to continue our work with GM Defense on the ISV contract, and to provide our infantry troops in harm’s way with this highly-capable, and much needed vehicle. Being awarded the ISV program is a testament to Ricardo’s success in developing and delivering key integrated product logistics and life-cycle sustainment plans for our customers’ top priorities,” said Chet Gryczan, president of Ricardo Defense.