GM Defense LLC announced today that it has completed its first delivery of the Infantry Squad Vehicle (ISV) – a light and agile all-terrain troop carrier intended to transport a nine-soldier infantry squad and their equipment – to the U.S. Army. This contract will require the automaker to manufacture 649 ISVs and support the production of up to 2,065 vehicles with additional authorization over eight years. Read more to see it in-action and for additional information.
The ISV is based on the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 midsize truck architecture and leverages 90% fully proven commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) parts. This 5,000-pound vehicle was specially engineered to fulfill military requirements and designed to provide rapid ground mobility. It’s light enough to be sling loaded from a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter and compact enough to fit inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter for easy air transport.
- Halo Infinite inspired UNSC Warthog vehicle building set with rolling wheels, cockpit, pivoting turret and working wheelbase suspension
- 2-in-1 building toy: Choose to build the Warthog or a watercraft and jetpack
- 4 highly collectible micro action figures, Master Chief, UNSC Marine and 2 Jackal Freebooters, with authentic detail, 12 points of articulation, display stands and interchangeable weapon accessories
- Ideal for ages 8 and up, this building set features detailed authenticity to strengthen creative thinking skills
- 315 bricks and pieces combine with all Mega Construx building sets and are compatible with other name brands
The value we bring to our Army customer is our willingness to listen and adapt. During Soldier testing, the feedback we received was paramount in delivering a vehicle that met Soldiers’ needs, while maximizing safety and performance and taking their comfort into consideration. The production ISV we’re delivering today is an evolution from our original prototype design, and it’s certainly a vehicle that is a source of pride for the team,” said Mark Dickens, GM Defense chief engineer.