Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan said today that it has already pre-sold as many PS5 consoles in the first 12-hours in the United States as in the first 12-weeks for the PlayStation 4, despite the launching coming in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Despite the challenges, these next-gen consoles will be in the hands of gamers worldwide on November 12th. Inside the box, you can expect to find the PS5 console, a single DualSense wireless controller, HDMI cable, AC power cable, USB-A to USB-C cable, and a console stand. Read more to watch an unboxing video with a few bonus accessories thrown in.
When you place the PS5 vertically and compare it to the PS4, you’ll discover that the former is 4.5-inches taller. Since it was meant to stand vertically, to place the console horizontally, you’ll need to slide a plastic stand underneath, which loosely clips onto the rear fin. As for the DualSense controller, the largest improvements are the adaptive triggers, built-in microphone and the haptic effects.
- Miles Morales discovers explosive powers that set him apart from his mentor, Peter Parker. Master his unique, bio-electric venom blast attacks and covert camouflage power alongside spectacular web-slinging acrobatics, gadgets and skills.
- A war for control of Marvel’s New York has broken out between a devious energy corporation and a high-tech criminal army. With his new home at the heart of the battle, Miles must learn the cost of becoming a hero and decide what he must sacrifice for the greater good.
- Traverse the snowy streets of his new, vibrant and bustling neighborhood as Miles searches for a sense of belonging. When the lines blur between his personal and crime-fighting lives, he discovers who he can trust, and what it feels like to truly be home.
- Haptic feedback - Feel physically responsive feedback to your in-game actions with dual actuators which replace traditional rumble motors. In your hands, these dynamic vibrations can simulate the feeling of everything from environments to the recoil of different weapons.
- Adaptive triggers - Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with your in-game gear and environments. From pulling back an increasingly tight bowstring to hitting the brakes on a speeding car, feel physically connected to your on-screen actions.
- Built-in microphone and headset jack - Chat with friends online using the built-in microphone or by connecting a headset to the 3.5mm jack. Easily switch voice capture on and off at a moment’s notice with the dedicated mute button. Internet and account for PlayStation Network required.