Photo credit: GM Design
General Motors Design Studio wants to minimize distractions for drivers, and that’s why their latest steering wheel concept adds a Nintendo Switch-like tablet in the center. Simply put, you’ll be able to switch between different screens, whether it be how fast you’re going to navigation. One partnership that GM should consider is with Google for their Street View technology, as it would work perfect with this steering wheel. Read more for another picture.
When in autonomous mode, the steering wheel shows exactly where and how fast the vehicle is traveling. There are LED status lights on each side of the screen to indicate when the vehicle is in autonomous (pink) or manual (orange) mode. Running other apps on the screen shouldn’t be an issue, like Netflix or video games, especially when parked. There’s no word yet on if we’ll see this concept in a prototype vehicle anytime soon.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9 plus Hours of Battery Life Will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)