Metroid Dread is set to be released October 8th on the Nintendo Switch, and it keeps the familiar side-scrolling gameplay of previous 2D Metroid games, but with stealth elements. Today, Nintendo released a new gameplay trailer that showcases new abilities for Samus as well as a classic villain, Kraid. More specifically, Samus lands on the planet ZDR and faces off against a Chozo, a member of a highly intelligent and technologically advanced species. Read more for the trailer and a bonus video.
Players will be able to enjoy free aim and melee attacks that were added in Samus Returns (2017), while also being able to slide as well as cling to blue surfaces. The stealth elements include Samus avoiding the near indestructible EMMI robots by hiding, becoming silent, and using the Phantom Cloak, camouflage technology that reduces the noise she makes, but slows her movement.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)