Google just added 50 new AR animals for you to interact with on Search. Some of them include a bulldog, cane corso, coyote, dachshund, donkey, milk cow, hamster, giraffe, welsh corgi, red panda, pitbull, zebra, ox, doberman, kitten, and lots more. How does this work? Simply search for these animals on a mobile browser or through the official Google app, and just scroll down until you see “View in 3D” to start the adventure. Read more for a video and additional information.
Hip(po), hip(po), hooray! 🦛 There are 50 new AR animals to discover on Search. Search for your favorite animal on your Google mobile app, tap "View in 3D" to see them in your space and don’t forget to share your best creations with #Google3D. pic.twitter.com/u80Mn7wi1z
— Google (@Google) December 11, 2020
Not seeing the “View in 3D” card? If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need iOS 11 or higher. The device also needs to be at least as new as the iPhone 6S / SE, third-gen iPad Air, fifth-gen iPad, any iPad Pro or seventh-gen iPod Touch. As for Android, the smartphone or tablet simply needs to be ARCore compatible, which includes various models running Android 7 or later. One final tip, to make the animal smaller or larger, just pinch to zoom.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Capture great photos using your cell phone on the 12 MP dual pixel rear camera with features like Live HDR+, Night Sight, and Portrait Mode; share photos directly from the viewfinder of your Pixel camera to Google and popular third party apps
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours  as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- HDR+ makes your photos look better by automatically adjusting for color and lighting; Night Sight lets you capture rich detail and color even in the dark; Portrait Mode helps you take beautiful portraits with a DSLR quality look
- Get things done with just your voice: Send texts, get directions and reminders, and multitask on the go on your mobile phone with help from Google