Ever wonder what goes on inside a tire while you’re driving? Probably not, but Warped Perception knows that at least a few people have, so they decided to make it happen by mounting a GoPro action camera onto the barrel of the wheel. However, it wasn’t that simple since we all know it’s pitch black, so an aftermarket light and battery also had to be installed. Read more for the video.
Once the tire was mounted on the wheel with the GoPro and accessories attached, it was installed on the front-right corner of a Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG sedan. As it was slowly driven down an alleyway, you can see the tire changing shape as it touches the pavement. Yes, you also hear the tire’s rumbling as it travels, but a hard left turn cause it to make contact with the GoPro, slightly changing its viewing angle.
- HyperSmooth: Get gimbal‑like stabilization—without the gimbal. HERO7 Black corrects for camera shake to deliver insanely smooth footage
- TimeWarp: Capture super stabilized time lapse videos while you move about a scene. Increase the speed up to 30x to turn longer activities into shareable moments
- Live streaming in 720p: Share while you’re there. Live stream in 720p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later
- Rugged + Waterproof: Share experiences you can’t capture with your phone. HERO7 Black is rugged, waterproof without a housing to 33 feet (10m) and up for any adventure
- SuperPhoto: Get brilliant photos automatically. With SuperPhoto, HERO7 Black intelligently applies HDR, local tone mapping or noise reduction to optimize your shots