This Grand Theft Auto III remake in Unreal Engine 5 previews what the game would look like on next-gen consoles such as the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. TeaserPlay used Lumen for rendering and shows just how powerful this game engine is for remastering a game first released in October 2001 on the PlayStation 2.
Gameplay mechanics still have not changed, as players are expected to complete missions—linear scenarios with set objectives. It appears that you’re able to freely roam the game’s open world, as well as the ability to complete optional side missions in Liberty City, which is composed of three boroughs: Portland, Staunton Island, and Shoreside Vale. Someone just needs to add a Tesla Cybertruck mod to this remake.
- Go all digital with Xbox Series S and enjoy next-gen performance in the smallest Xbox ever, at a great price. Bundle includes: Xbox Series S console, one Xbox Wireless Controller, a high-speed HDMI cable, power cable, and 2 AA batteries.
- Make the most of every gaming minute with Quick Resume, lightning-fast load times, and gameplay of up to 120 FPS—all powered by Xbox Velocity Architecture.*
- Enjoy digital games from four generations of Xbox, with hundreds of optimized titles that look and play better than ever.
- When you add Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (membership sold separately) you get online multiplayer to play with friends and an instant library of 100plus high-quality games, including day one releases from Xbox Game Studios like Halo Infinite.*
- Hardware-accelerated ray tracing gives your games a heightened level of realism. Bring your games and movies to life with advanced 3D Spatial Sound, which produces rich, dynamic audio environments.