The fan-made Half-Life Alyx Levitation mod had some gameplay revealed as part of the PC Gaming Show. This 7-minute clip basically follows Alyx exploring an abandoned skyscraper and mining facility, complete with combine soldiers as well as headcrab zombies causing problems.
Unlike Half-Life Black Mesa, Half-Life Alyx Levitation is more of an expansion rather than a complete overhaul, one that begins after the G-Man-starring finale. Alyx dives head first into the Quarantine Zone to respond to a distress call, while a duo of resistance members have gone missing investigating a floating apartment. It’s expected to be released in Q3 2022 and you can expect approximately a 4-5 hours add-on experience to the original game. Modders Shawn Snelling and Corey Laddo states that the Levitation mod will be free for all owners of Half-Life: Alyx.
- Keep your experience smooth and seamless, even as high speed action unfolds around you with a super-fast processor and high-resolution display. (Packaging may vary) Meta Quest packaging will continue to carry the Oculus name and logo during the transition to our new branding.
- Experience total immersion with 3D positional audio, hand tracking and haptic feedback, working together to make virtual worlds feel real.
- Explore an expanding universe of over 250 titles across gaming, fitness, social/multiplayer and entertainment, including exclusive blockbuster releases and totally unique VR experiences.
- Travel universes in blockbuster fantasies, scare yourself witless in horror adventures or collaborate with colleagues in innovative workspaces.
- Come together in incredible social spaces and multiplayer arenas as you take in live events with friends and family, find your new workout crew or join quests with fellow adventurers.