The Practical Engineer has come up with several clever inventions in the past, but there may not be a better time to create a hands-free OREO dispenser than now. He started by sketching ideas out and trying various ways before figuring out that the nicest result happens when you use your chin to dispense the cookies, especially since they’re round and can be stacked. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The trickiest part of this build was the chin lever, which was designed using Fusion 360 computer software. The problem was deciding how far the chin can actually move down comfortably and where the cookie should be depending on the movement. Two iterations were made of this part during the build and the second turned out perfectly.
- FRESH POPCORN – The countertop popcorn maker includes a 2.5oz stainless steel kettle that makes about a gallon of movie theater popcorn per cycle and has a handy 10W warming bulb in the top of the machine to keep your delicious snack fresh.
- COUNTERTOP MODEL – This tabletop popcorn popper is sure to fit on any countertop in your home or business. The 330W machine is great for serving yummy popcorn during family movie night and makes an excellent gift for any occasion.
- FUN DESIGN – The Pop Pup style popcorn maker has an attractive design aimed to capture the charm of machines from the fair or carnival. The popper comes with measuring cups and 25 popcorn serving bags too!
- EASY TO USE – Built with stainless steel, polycarbonate sides and door, this machine makes popping popcorn fast and simple. The 2-switch design allows you to use the kettle heater and stirrer independently of the overhead warming light.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Materials: Stainless Steel, Plastic & Polycarbonate Door. Dimensions: 9.4” L x 10.6” W x 18.1” H. 110V 330W ETL Listed. Includes: 2.5 Kettle and Dishwasher Safe Serving Tray. Color: Red.
I also had to try some things to get the oreo slide working perfectly. In my first version when there were more than two cookies in the pipe the cookie wouldn’t come out due to the pressure on top,” said the Practical Engineer.