H/T: Car Scoops
Driving without a tire (or tires) is most certainly going to grinding on the rim, which means a potentially expensive replacement. If the grinding gets too intense, you could end up dragging other parts of your car along the road, and apparently, this is what happened on October 19 in Whippany, New Jersey along Interstate 287. A lady sped down the highway at 60 mph on just the bare rim of the driver’s side rear wheel. Read more for the video and additional information.
Some speculate that the tire could have exploded shortly before this person started recording, and in doing so, damaged both the rear bumper as well as the wheel arch. Hopefully, the driver stopped on the side of the road after the recording stopped, as a similar incident occurred last year on the I-95 and the rim ended up kicking up concrete / debris that damaged other cars.
- Officially licensed by Ferrari & highly detailed interior/exterior – 1: 14 scale toy car measures 13.3" X 5.9" X 3.3"; features with butterfly doors (open by manual), working headlights/ taillights, built-in spring suspension system, differential mechanism, Rims and rubber tires, stereo equipment, steering wheel, leather seats and etc.
- Full functions - forward, reverse, stop, turn left & right; it works best on the flat surface (in dry weather) and can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Excellent performance – remote range up to 98 feet, speed 5.1 mph, frequency available in optional 27 MHz or 40 MHz; made of top-grade ABS plastic to prevent scratch and protect kids.
- Batteries not included - requires 5 x AA for the car and 1 x 9V for the remote controller; package includes 1 x RASTAR RC car, 1 x dual-grip remote-controller and 1 x User guide.
- Factory assembled, ready to run, easy to play; manufactured by RASTAR Group, 100% quality .