The 2021 Honda Civic Type R Limited Edition recently set a new front-wheel drive track record at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan, with a time of 2 minutes 23.993 seconds, driven by Super GT Series racer Takuya Izawa. This development car was built to final European production specifications, with no modifications or performance enhancements. Limited to just 600-units, this model will surely command a hefty premium, but if you’ve ever wondered how its sleek forged BBS wheels were made, this video should answer that question. Read more for the clip and its record-setting run at Suzuka.
The ultra lightweight, forged aluminum wheels from BBS come wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, complete with upgraded dampers are optimized for the new wheel/tire package. Other upgrades include recalibrated steering for finer control and feedback as well as a further 28.2-pound weight reduction of 28.2 lbs. by removing sound-deadening materials.
- A rare chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Nissan GT-R NISMO!
- With a buildable Nissan GT-R NISMO and 1 collectible minifigure in a Nissan racing suit, this model car kit will captivate both kids and car fans, inspiring them to independent play and letting them stage races with friends
- The mini version of the Nissan GT-R NISMO can be built and displayed or used to race against other LEGO Speed Champions cars
- This 298-piece Nissan GT-R NISMO model car kit provides an exciting mission for boys and girls ages 8+ who love to create and play with toy racing cars. It will make a cherished gift at any time of year
- The Nissan GT-R NISMO measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!
The Type R Limited Edition reflects Honda’s dedication to refining the essence and driving pleasure of Type R as a sports car and exceeding the expectations of our customers. The engineering team and I embraced a racing spirit that has been passed down for generations, and it’s this strong passion that’s driving the evolution of the Civic Type R towards becoming the ideal sports car,” said Civic Type R Project Leader Hideki Kakinuma.