Hyundai Motor Company enters the electrified race car world with a bang. Introducing the RM20e Racing Midship Sports Car, which is currently being used as a “rolling lab” for testing high performance technologies, boasting 810 horsepower and 708 lb.-ft. of torque to variable road surfaces. However, this isn’t their first electric race car, as in 2019, Hyundai developed the ‘Veloster N eTCR’ for the eTCR electric touring car series. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The massive power enables the RM20e to accelerate from 0-62 mph in less than three seconds and 0-124 mph at 9.88 seconds. The vehicle has a midship-based motor placement and rear-drive layout to give it the traction required for this level of acceleration. There’s no word yet on if we’ll ever see a production version of this electrified race car.
- LEGO builders learn advanced elements of engineering as they construct and play with this super-realistic app-controlled LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator replica, with authentic detailing and advanced app technology
- This high-tech construction toy is powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors and operated via the LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app, which delivers super-precise functionality for hours of immersive play
- Kids can choose from 4 control screens to drive, operate the boom and bucket, create movement sequences, play sound effects, complete fun challenges and get real-time feedback, such as power usage and drive distance
- This 4,108-piece LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 replica, with lots of true-to-life details and an authentic color scheme, makes an ideal Christmas or birthday gift for all aged 12+
- This awesome LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator model measures over 15 inches (39cm) high, 25 inches (65cm) long and 10 inches (27cm) wide, and can be combined with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
Our new electrified RM20e pushes the proven RM platform forcefully into a new, environmentally-focused decade of the 21st century, stretching the performance envelope of electrification on normal road environments. RM20e represents a revolutionary new chapter of electrified performance for the Racing Midship series, and our N engineers continue to garner valuable insights in the arena of zero-emission performance dynamics,” said Albert Biermann, President and Head of Research and Development Division at Hyundai Motor Group.