IKEA has recently been developing new smart home furnishing solutions, but they needed some help in the gaming department. So, they partnered with ASUS ROG (Republic of Gamers) to create innovative hardware and gear for gamers. One highly unusual item is the Lånespelare accessories stand, which is basically a $20 wooden gaming hand designed to hold your headphones, cables, and anything else that fits in it. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
This new gaming lineup includes more than 30 products, covering furniture (gaming desks / chairs, a drawer unit), accessories (mug holder, mouse bungee, neck pillow, ring light), and lots more. Each product family offers a gaming desk and a chair of different price range to meet the needs of different target groups. The entire line is available now in China, with a Japan launch in May and global release in October.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Max-Q 6GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost (Base: 982MHz, Boost: 1198MHz, TDP: 60W)
- AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS processor (8M Cache, up to 4.3GHz)
- 15.6” 240Hz 3ms PANTONE Validated IPS-Type Full HD (1920x1080) display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD | Backlit Precision Gaming Keyboard | Windows 10 Home
- 0.8” thin, 4.63 lbs ultraportable form-factor
The needs of billions of gamers around the globe are very diverse, whereas the existing offer is rather technical and often perceived as masculine design-wise, despite around 46% of gamers being female. We believe there’s a lot to be done to democratize the gaming experience. Now we take the first step on our gaming journey, and we do it by presenting affordable, high-performing gaming products and complete solutions that we hope reflect people’s personality and taste,” said Ewa Rychert, Global Business Leader of Workspace, IKEA of Sweden.