Photo credit: JamesEdition
Siemens and designer Luigi Colani teamed up back in 2012 to build their vision of a futuristic truck, long before Elon Musk’s Tesla Semi was revealed to the world. Simply put, there is no room for a trailer on this truck, as the cab was extended directly into that section so the drivetrain could sit below the drive, independent from the trailer. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
It’s powered by electric motors, paired with a diesel engine that doubles as a range extender, thus allowing for the most efficient powertrain possible for long distance hauling. Unfortunately, it’s currently not road legal in Europe because it was supposed to be converted from Hyprid to E – drive, but the work has not yet been completed. More information here.
- LEGO builders learn advanced elements of engineering while improving creative problem-solving skills as they construct and play with this amazing app-controlled LEGO Technic 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader.
- This 4x4 app-controlled truck is powered by an advanced Smart Hub with 3 motors and operated via the LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app, which delivers super-precise movement and functionality for a highly immersive play experience.
- Kids can choose from 3 alternative screens on their smart device to drive and traverse obstacles at the touch of a fingertip, play sound effects, complete fun challenges and get real-time feedback, such as a speed and tilt log.
- Ideal as a Christmas or birthday gift for all aged 11+, this sturdy 958-piece 4x4 app-controlled truck comes with high-rise independent suspension, large wheels with chunky tires and a fresh color scheme with cool sticker detailing.
- The 42099 LEGO Technic 4x4 X-treme Off-Roader measures over 7” (19cm) high, 12” (33cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide and can be combined with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play.
The oversized proportions and the futuristic look make the vehicle an extreme eye-catcher. Expand your collection with an exclusive design vehicle – for decorative purposes or with simultaneous use of the interior surface. Inside the Innotruck you will find an extended VIP conference room. The entire interior can be used individually for various purposes. The side entrance has a generous roof,” according to the listing.