iPhone 4 Exploding Home Charging
A family in Ohio plugged in an iPhone 4 to charge overnight like they have before, but what they didn’t expect was it to explode while doing so at around 1am on January 9th. The device charging on the kitchen counter using an original Apple charger suddenly burst into flames, and this event was all captured with a home security camera.



Fortunately, the explosion only caused a small fire before it fizzled out, leaving lots of soot on the countertop as well as a blackened iPhone 4. There was nothing around the smartphone to ignite, otherwise things may have took a turn for the worse. Why would someone be using an iPhone 4 in 2023? Well, the Leisgang family just wanted a device the children could use to watch videos.

Apple 2023 MacBook Pro Laptop M2 Pro chip with 10‑core CPU and 16‑core GPU: 14.2-inch Liquid Retina XDR Display, 16GB Unified Memory, 512GB SSD Storage. Works with iPhone/iPad; Space Gray
  • SUPERCHARGED BY M2 PRO OR M2 MAX — Take on demanding projects with the M2 Pro or M2 Max chip. M2 Pro has up to 12 CPU cores, up to 19 GPU cores, and...
  • UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day thanks to the power-efficient design of the M2 Pro or M2 Max chip. And the MacBook Pro laptop delivers...
  • FULLY COMPATIBLE — All your pro apps run lightning fast — including Adobe Creative Cloud, Xcode, Affinity Designer, Microsoft 365, and many of...

iPhone 4 Exploding Home Charging

It had a silicone case on it that cracked off and the phone split open. And there was black soot all over the countertop and on the chairs and on the floor. We were extremely lucky to avoid a house fire,” said Brian Leisgang.