H/T: Car Scoops
Many gamers who played Need for Speed II back in 1997 probably remember seeing the Isdera Commendatore 112i and wondered if it was a real supercar. The answer is a resounding yes, but there’s only one vehicle in existence. It was originally unveiled at the 1993 Frankfurt Motor Show, but due to a lack of financial reserves, the company went into bankruptcy after just a single prototype was completed. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Power comes from a 6.0-litre Mercedes-Benz M120 V12 unit that generated 408 hp and 428 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 6-speed Getrag manual transmission. This supercar was ahead of its time with advanced technologies like gull-wing doors, a gull-wing engine cover for easier access to the engine, a velocity sensitive chassis which lowered the car by 3-inches at high speeds, an active suspension system and an electronically controlled airbrake.
- Build the awesome McLaren Senna, featuring a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, interchangeable wheel rims, and McLaren and Senna logo stickers, and a wind tunnel then play out car development and race scenarios
- Includes a McLaren racing driver minifigure in a racing suit featuring the McLaren Senna and Pirelli logos, a helmet and spanner
- McLaren Senna toy car for kids measures over 1-inch (4cm) high, 5-inch (15cm) long and 1-inch (5cm) wide Wind tunnel measures over 1-inch (5cm) high, 2-inch (6cm) wide and 1-inch (4cm) deep
- 219 pieces – Model car for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 toy car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO toy construction sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
The interior was also bespoke and contained two tone blue and black leather upholstery along with RECARO leather sports seats. The car boasts wide door sills that house the two fuel tanks, while the dials and other instrumentation (excluding the steering wheel which was from OMP) were from Mercedes-Benz and the speedometer read up to 249 mph. Want to get your hands on this beauty? It’s headed to the RM Sotheby’s Paris auction soon.