Photo credit: TETSUYA ITO/COURTESY OF GUNTÛ
A ryokan is basically a type of traditional Japanese inn that features tatami-matted rooms, and when you combine it with a superyacht, Guntû is the result. This 266-foot-long vessel was designed by Tokyo-based residential architect Yasushi Horibe and contains just 19 cabins, with the largest being a 295-square-foot room. It’s used for multi-day tours of the Seto waterway from a private marina in Onomichi. Read more for a video tour, additional pictures and information.
You won’t find any multi-level suites here, as the accommodations are described as staying in a friend’s guest house, finished in hardwoods with floor-to-ceiling windows facing the sea. Amenities include a western style cafe/bar, a lounge, and a traditional veranda where guests can sip on a cup of tea while indulging in handmade sweets from the ship’s resident pastry chef Joichiro Kita. When you’re done relaxing, step into the 6-seat sushi restaurant manned by Nobuo Sakamoto. Instead of traditional propulsion methods, it uses twin electric engines to lessen the vibrations and noise pollution.
- The striking LEGO Architecture model of Tokyo's distinctive skyline features authentically detailed models of iconic buildings and landmarks, and is a stunning display model for the home or office
- This collectible build-and-display set features buildable models of the Tokyo Tower, Mode Gakuen Cocoon Tower, Tokyo Big Sight, TOKYO SKYTREE, Chidorigafuchi Park, Shibuya Crossing and more!
- This authentically detailed set includes a Tokyo nameplate and a booklet with information about Tokyo and the model's designer (English language only; other languages can be downloaded at LEGO.com/architecture.)
- Even new LEGO architects can enjoy this easy-to-build architecture model kit, and it makes a cool creative Japanese-themed gift for adults ages 16+ who are interested in Tokyo
- This buildable skyline measures over 11” (28cm) high, 10” (27cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep, so you don't need a lot of space to display it, but its vibrant colors and authentic details will catch the eye of every passerby!
- Designed for Lego 21051,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Tokyo from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
Setouchi, Japan’s inland sea, is surrounded by the mainland Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu, it was the main waterway when western Japan was the center of Japan. Each island has developed it’s unique mixture of cultural and industrial histories. There is a harmony between the sea, sky, islands and the human activity in Setouchi. Guntû was designed to uncover the allure of Setouchi, and to show it as it is,” said Guntû representative Meguro Shinichi.