FusionFlight’s AB5 JetQuad is touted as the world’s first jet-powered VTOL drone. This means the team replaced the traditional four electric motors and propellers with four diesel-powered micro-turbine jet engines that produce a combined 200 horsepower at full throttle. It uses a proprietary vectoring system, called the H-Configuration, to direct thrust from these engines for vertical movement when taking off / landing or horizontally while in flight. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The production model is projected to have a top speed of over 300 mph and with a full 5-gallon (19-l) fuel tank, it should be good for 30 minutes of hovering or 15 minutes of flight. Future upgrades could include afterburners that would increase its top speed dramatically. As for payload, it has a maximum capacity of 40-pounds. Expect the production model to be available some time in 2021, priced between $200,000 – $250,000 depending on the options chosen.
The jet engines can put out significantly more power then electrically-driven propellers and also allow the vehicle to travel at much higher speeds. Diesel fuel, on a pound-for-pound basis, stores 40 times more energy then any lithium-type battery and also will take minutes to refuel instead of the hours it takes to recharge an electrical drone,” said FusionFlight CEO Alexander Taits.
- 4K FHD 90°Adjustable Camera with 5G Transmission: The upgraded camera (3840*2160P stored in TF card) with 110°FOV (field of view) lens gives a panoramic view for recording your unforgettable moment. 5G transmission ensures fast and high-quality FPV real time video from 1640-2600FT away- ideals for selfie. Edit and share your new creations to social media with your drone app directly.
- GPS Assisted Flight: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shot with ease when the drone can follow you or fly in a circle along the path you set.
- 22 Mins Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 2800mAh intelligent battery yields up to 22mins flight time. It also has low-power alert. You can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- Brushless Motor: It is so quiet but very powerful when running. Working life is much more longer than brushed motors. Maintenance-free, which makes your flight more enjoyable. The upgraded quick-release propellers run with higher efficiency.
- Simple Control: Quick launch by pressing one key; quick-Release propellers can be set up with no screws; stable flight while keeping its altitude locked; easy direction control with headless mode. You can focus on camera control and more complex shots. The 2.4ghz on the package means the remote controller frequency,the WIFI frequency of the item is 5ghz. Please read the Instruction Manual before operation. Most of concerns can be settled down.
- Updated Modular Battery pack: The newest push-in battery with a larger capacity 3.7V 350mAh extends flight time up to 10-13 minutes, and increases control range to 328 ft, to provide a more extensive flight experience.
- Mini Size and Foldable Design: Mini size combined with the curvilinear radian shape makes the drone suitable for hand-hold. When traveling, you could fold the quadcopter into a smaller size to fit into a pocket, making it easy to bring it anywhere.
- Night Navigation Light: Equipped with cool LED lights to enable the night flight. The headlight- lights the way and makes it easy to identify the direction, so as drone won’t be lost at night.
- Perfect Beginner Drone: The FQ31 Drone has good performance of being wind-resistant and the Auto-hovering function enables the drone to hover at current height. Just pressing a button and it will take off or land automatically. All the remote operations make it beginner-friendly.
- Great Gift and Satisfactory Customer Service: Simple structure and easy to use controller make the RC Quadcopter, a perfect birthday present, Christmas gift, or a reward & prize for teenagers. All our ScharkSpark drones have a 3-year after-sales service (Drone without Camera)