Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Earlier this year, in March, LG Electronics filed a patent for a ‘television receiver with flexible display,’ and it was recently approved on September 13, 2019. The patent sketches show a TV with a flexible display consisting of six equal sections that can be folded in a zigzag. Its frame on the sides protects the display when folded, while also serving as a stand when necessary. Read more for the patent sketches and additional information.
LG also integrated a soundbar directly into the display. The six folding lines may be somewhat visible when the TV is off, but once unfolded it resembles the curved displays that you see today. The set also boasts a large aspect ratio (at least 21: 9), making it ideal for high-end home theater setups. When or where will this TV be on display? Your best bet is CES 2020 in Las Vegas from Jan. 7-10.
- Get Disney Plus for a year with the purchase of this TV
- LG a9 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR: Images, action and color are brought to new life to instantly enhance picture quality through LG's best 4K processor, empowered by AI at its core
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene
- NVIDIA G SYNC COMPATIBILITY: exceptional picture quality of perfect black and intense colors combine with smooth gameplay to take PC gaming to new heights