Photo credit: Lets Go Digital
Earlier this year, in March, LG Electronics filed a patent for a ‘television receiver with flexible display,’ and it was recently approved on September 13, 2019. The patent sketches show a TV with a flexible display consisting of six equal sections that can be folded in a zigzag. Its frame on the sides protects the display when folded, while also serving as a stand when necessary. Read more for the patent sketches and additional information.
LG also integrated a soundbar directly into the display. The six folding lines may be somewhat visible when the TV is off, but once unfolded it resembles the curved displays that you see today. The set also boasts a large aspect ratio (at least 21: 9), making it ideal for high-end home theater setups. When or where will this TV be on display? Your best bet is CES 2020 in Las Vegas from Jan. 7-10.
- Your purchase includes One LG OLED TV of 55”, OLED55C9PUA model, One Magic Remote with batteries, One Power Cable, and One Start Guide
- TV dimensions: Without Stand – 48.3” W x 27.8” H x 1.8” D. With Stand – 48.3” W x 29.1” H x 9.9” D. TV Weight: 41.7 lbs. VESA Mounting – 300 W x 200 H
- Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene. Experience Dolby Atmos in a 2.2 Channel Speaker System
- LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology
- Inputs & Outputs: HDMI Input (HDCP 2.2): 4 (1 rear, 3 side) | HDMI Audio Return Channel: eARC (HDMI 2) | USB Ports (v 2.0): 3 (2 rear, 1 side)