Photo credit: Engadget
At CES 2019, LG introduced the Signature Series OLED TV R, a 65-inch display that rolled up and down from a brushed aluminum base. This year, the company plans to debut a 65-inch UHD OLED display that rolls down from the ceiling. In other words, users will be able to pull it down when desired and roll it up when not in use to maximize space. Read more for a video of the OLED TV R and additional information.
It may sound like a simple concept, but this isn’t just the previous generation with a few upgrades, as the first model was designed to roll up only, so even if one were to figure out how hang it from the ceiling, there is no mechanism to re-orient the picture, so it would appear upside down. The new model will be able to automatically detect the orientation and adjust the picture accordingly in real-time. We’ll keep you posted once it becomes official at CES 2020.
- Dimensions: W/ Stand 57.1"W x 35.8"H x 12.7"D | W/o Stand 57.1"W x 33.1"H x 2.5"D | Stand Width 32.7"
- LG a7 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR: Images, action and color are brought to new life to instantly enhance picture quality through LG's best 4K processor, empowered by AI at its core.
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology.
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene. The ultra-vivid picture and powerful, moving audio seem to flow all around you.
- NANO COLOR: vibrant color and detailed crisp images, made possible by the tiniest of intricacies in design and engineering.