H/t: Car Scoops
This isn’t the first Mad Max-inspired vehicle we’ve seen, but it’s definitely one of the strangest. Spotted on Facebook Marketplace, this 1997 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe is powered by a 4.6L single-overhead-cam (SOHC) V8 making 205 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 4-speed automatic transmission. On the outside, you’ll find custom metal extensions on the front bumper and air intakes that protrude from the engine. Read more for additional pictures.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), the seller is asking for anywhere between $4,000 – $5,000 USD. However, this particular vehicle would even look out of place in Mad Max: Fury Road. On a side note, did you know that Colin Gibson designed all 150 of the film’s vehicles and every single one of them are fully functional. Yes, even The War Rig, which consists of a Tatra 815 and Chevrolet Fleetmaster, compete with a Volkswagen Beetle fused to the hull.
- This is the ultimate ECTO-1 building kit for fans of LEGO bricks and Ghostbusters looking to build their next model car or simply relax with an immersive hands-on hobby project
- This is no Ghostbusters toy; It’s a car kit for adults with working steering, trapdoor with ghost trap, an extending gunner seat, plus a moving ghost sniffer and other paranormal detection equipment
- With pieces like a curved windshield, modular steering wheel and brick with Ghostbusters deco, this authentically detailed set will look great in your home or office
- Ideal for Ghostbusters fans and LEGO lovers alike, this ECTO-1 model car gives hours of enjoyment and a building experience that will appeal to adults
- Measuring over 8” (22.5cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (16.5cm) wide, ECTO-1 is packed with authentic details that you'll be proud to display
Comes with brand new forged rod, pistons and rings for all 8cylinders Come get it as is needs head gasket! I need it gone ASAP fast lil car I have videos of it running when it did. Drives nice before the head gasket went no water in oil and no water in radiator yet just started misfireing so I parked it could be head gasket not sure,” said the seller.