Photo credit: Tomáš Klečka
It’s only a matter of time before we start seeing more electric motorcycles hit the road, and that includes from famous supercar manufacturers, like Maserati. Designer Tomáš Klečka from the Czech Republic thought so as well, and came up with this futuristic hubless superbike that draws inspiration from the Xenmorph creature featured in the Alien film series. Since the company already plans on unveiling a refreshed EV lineup by 2022, this concept wouldn’t be too far fetched. Read more for additional pictures and a bonus video.
No technical specifications have been revealed, but like other electric motorcycles, expect it to have a maximum range of around 130-miles when fully charged, with a full charge taking just over an hour. For comparison, the all-electric Zero Motorcycle SR/S is powered by a ZF14.4 lithium-ion battery that generates 110 hp and 140 lb-ft of torque, complete with a 201-mile range with the optional Power Tank accessory.
- Authentic motocross frame geometry, the MX350 scales down the dirt bike to size for riders ages 13+ and up to 140 lb (64 kg)
- High-torque, rear-wheel chain-drive delivers increased power and traction
- Powers riders at speeds of up to 14 mph (22 km/h) with up to 30 minutes of continuous use
- Features adjustable-angle, riser-style handlebars, spoked wheels with 12” pneumatic, knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand-operated rear brake
- 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery system