MG Motors partnered with SAIC Design to come up with a futuristic electric vehicle concept with a video game-inspired design. The gaming vibes not only flow through aesthetically, but also into the cabin and the real-life driving experience. The British automaker wants passengers to feel as if they are players in a real world treasure hunt of digital art in their cities, complete with a couch / sofa, controller and a screen. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Think of the exterior as a high-end PC tower that showcases its components and celebrate their processing power made of full polycarbonate. This shell acts a window both into the car and also for the players to see their world in full view. Drivers step inside its canopy opening and ride along using their smartphones as the access and control points for the vehicle. An innovative user interface covers the whole front of the car with a 3D map, avatar status, and mission information. That’s not all, there’s even ‘Easter Eggs’ that allow players to build their status, which is displayed using the lighting aspects on the side of the vehicle.
- Hd audio and video (720p) with 16: 9/ 4: 3 Switch (HD cable only)
- High compatibility with (NTSC/PAL) NES, Super NES/Super Famicom, and Genesis/Mega drive cartridges
- Hyperkin-engineered perfect pin (patent pending) Technology sets a new standard for state-of-the-art, high-quality pins
- Comes with a "Scout" And a "Squire" Premium classic-style Controller, Controller ports support compatible controllers for each Console
- Includes AV ports with AV cable, 3 ft. Hd cable, 6 ft. Micro charge cable and AC Adapter
MG has a global following like no other, re-imagining and ensuring the community and legacy continue well into the 21st century is a key element of this concept. MG MAZE is an attempt to engage and create a positive experience for urban mobility. Playful and agile, the concept seeks to be truly engaging, across all ages, cultures and interests,” said its designer.