Soon, Minecraft gamers around the world will get to experience their self-created worlds more brilliantly than ever when the RTX moves to open beta on Windows 10 this week, complete with realistic shadows, lighting as well as vibrant colors. NVIDIA is also offering players six new Minecraft worlds to download for free from the Minecraft Marketplace, allowing them to experience what is possible when real-time ray tracing is turned on. Read more for three videos and additional information.
Minecraft with RTX also brings NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 to the game, which is powered by RTX Tensor Cores and is basicsally an improved deep learning neural network that boosts frame rates while generating stunning, sharp images for games. Plus, it offers the performance headroom — 1.7x+ faster frame rates — to power full path tracing in Minecraft with RTX.
- Build, create, and explore in Minecraft for PC and Mac! Have ridiculous amounts of fun!
- Play alone or with friends. Minecraft for PC/Mac supports online multiplayer and solo play.
- Take advantage of limitless supplies and create anything you can imagine in Creative Mode.
- Mine, craft, and go on exciting adventures in Survival Mode. Journey into the depths and take on the Ender Dragon, if you dare!
- Also features horses, rabbits, chickens, zombies, pigs with saddles, boats, minecarts, TNT, zombies, redstone, villagers, iron golems, potions, maps, books, pickaxes, carrots, and lots, lots more. Honestly, there’s a ludicrous amount of cool things to mess about with. You should give it a go!
When we release Minecraft with RTX for all Windows 10 players, not only will all players with compatible hardware be able to experience Minecraft with RTX, but players who are on Minecraft with RTX will be able to play with players who do not have ray tracing compatible hardware,” said Mojang.