The New York Times Square New Year’s Eve ball drop happens every year at 11:59 pm. Unfortunately, when the crystal-encrusted ball descends down a pole to welcome 2021 this year, there will be no crowds, just an empty street due to the ongoing pandemic. Expedition 64 astronauts aboard the International Space Station send their warmest greetings to everyone on Earth and decided to recreate the ball drop tradition. Read more for the video and additional information.
The Times Square Ball drop was first organized by Adolph Ochs, owner of The New York Times newspaper, as a successor to a series of New Year’s Eve fireworks displays he held at the building to promote its status as the new headquarters of the Times. What you may not know is that the ball itself was designed by Artkraft Strauss, with the very first event being held on December 31, 1907, to welcome 1908. It has been held annually since, except in 1942 and 1943 in observance of wartime blackouts.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
- Designed for Lego 21321,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego International Space Station from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.