Rapper Soulja Boy (DeAndre Cortez Way) is apparently working on yet another video game console after his previous gaming-related projects didn’t quite work out. First, there was the SouljaGame back in 2018, which was basically a mini computer running emulators. Next, the Retro SouljaBoy Mini, a Game Boy-inspired handheld that also ran emulated games. Last, but not least, there was the SouljaGame Fuze, powered by n NVIDIA Tegra K1 CPU running at 2.2Ghz, 4GB of DDR3 RAM and 32GB of internal storage. Read more for a first look at his latest creation.
No details have been released about this console, but according to a Twitter post, it’s being developed from scratch with a whole new design and games. If it’s anything like the SouljaGame Fuze, the console should be an Android box capable of running most emulators, but struggle at any CPU intensive titles. Pricing wise, expect to shell out at least $399.99 USD, if not more, to get your hands on this when released,
- Multiple System Compatibility: The RetroN 5 allows you to play your favorite NES, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and GBA cartridges on one system. You can also play Master System games with the use of the Power Base Converter.*
- HD Output: The HD output will upconvert the signal to your HDTV with a maximum output resolution of 720p.
- Save/Load States: Save or load your games at any point during gameplay, with 10 save slots for each game.
- Bluetooth Wireless Controller: Utilizing Bluetooth technology, this controller has a range of up to 30 feet and features a microswitch directional pad, two programmable macro buttons, and a Home button for quick-in game access to features.
- Original Controller Ports: 2 original controller ports (6 total) for each platform