NIO Day 2021, held in Suzhou, China, was a massive success because the company unveiled the ET5, a mid-size smart electric sedan that will take on the Tesla Model 3. What stands out most is PanoCinema, the panoramic and immersive digital cockpit on the ET5, complete with AR and VR technologies. The company partnered with NREAL to collaborate on AR glasses exclusive to NIO, which can project an effective screen size of 201-inches at 6 meters. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
To complement the augmented reality technology, it also boasts a 10.2-inch HDR instrument cluster, 256-color curtain ambient lighting and a Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 surround sound system. Autonomy comes in the form of NIO Autonomous Driving (NAD) that consists of NIO Aquila Super Sensing and NIO Adam Super Computing, which enables the vehicle to achieve a safely traverse highways, urban areas, parking and battery swapping. Power comes from twin electric motors that generate a combined 483-hp and 516 lb-ft of torque, allowing it to hit 62mph in 4.3 seconds. When equipped with the 150 kWh Ultralong Range Battery, expect over 620-miles of driving on a single charge. It will arrive in Chinese showrooms by September 2022, priced from $51,400 USD before subsidies.
- Ergonomic Lumber Support System: Enjoy total lower back support with a built-in, fully adjustable lumbar curve that closely aligns to your spine—ensuring ideal posture for maximum comfort in gaming marathons
- Multi-Layered Synthetic Leather: Tougher and more durable than standard PU leather, the chair comes wrapped in multi-layered PVC synthetic leather—making it better suited to withstand the wear and tear from hours of daily use
- High Density Foam Cushions: The denser, durable cushions have a plush feel and offer better contouring, allowing your weight to apply just enough pressure as they mold to support your unique body shape
- 4D Armrests: Adjust the armrests’ height, angle and move them forwards or backwards for a position tailored to the way you sit
- Engineered to Carry: Recommended for a height of 5'6" to 6'2" and supports a weight of up to 300lbs through a combination of its body frame, armrests, wheelbase, and angled seat edges that maximize the resting surface area
The year of 2021 is full of challenges. With a positive and optimistic attitude and outlook, NIO has grown together with its users. In 2022, we will continue to double down on product and technology development, accelerate the deployment of our service network, and enter more markets globally. We are confident about the road ahead,” said William Li, NIO’s founder, chairman and CEO.