If you’ve always wanted a factory showroom condition Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R, this could be your chance. NISMO announced a new restoration program that takes a suitable donor car and restores it to new condition, but it will cost you at least $433,000 USD. They won’t accept any GT-R, as the team needs to first examine the vehicle before the customer decides if they want to restore it back to original shape or even change the specification (GT-R NISMO, GT-R V-Spec, NISMO 400R, etc.). Read more for additional pictures and a bonus video.
Once the contract is signed, the vehicle is then disassembled, inspected, and the body is stripped down and then dipped in an electroplating bath for corrosion protection. The body panels as well as any other parts that need paint are resprayed either in the original color or a different one at an additional cost. The restoration doesn’t stop there, the engine is also completely disassembled has just about every essential part replaced, machined or corrected as necessary. Yes, NISMO can also upgrade the engine to one of the special edition specifications. Lastly, they test the newly restored car on a dyno to make sure everything is running smoothly.
- Build the awesome McLaren Senna, featuring a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, interchangeable wheel rims, and McLaren and Senna logo stickers, and a wind tunnel then play out car development and race scenarios
- Includes a McLaren racing driver minifigure in a racing suit featuring the McLaren Senna and Pirelli logos, a helmet and spanner
- McLaren Senna toy car for kids measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide Wind tunnel measures over 1” (5cm) high, 2” (6cm) wide and 1” (4cm) deep
- 219 pieces – Model car for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 toy car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO toy construction sets and LEGO bricks for creative play
As for the interior, NISMO can’t legally refinish the interior in factory materials due to fire retardant requirements, so they give you the choice of having it done in the current GT-R spec or simply have the original fabrics cleaned as best as possible.