It’s not uncommon for automobile manufacturers to create one-off concept vehicles, but most of these are well known, whether it be showcased at trade shows or press events. The Porsche Panamericana one you may not have seen or heard of. This vehicle designed by Harm Lagaay and Steve Murkett, was built primarily to showcase some design features that would be on the upcoming 993 generation 911. It was also built as a gift for Ferry Porsche for his 80th birthday. Read more for a video and additional information.
Why the name? Well, it comes from the famous Carrera Panamericana race that was held in the 1950s. Designer Lagaay hoped that the Panamericana would be produced as a limited edition series in 1992, but the growing financial crisis at Porsche put an end to that plan. However, it did majorly influence the development of the 993 911 Targa and Boxster. People did get to see it in person at the 1989 Frankfurt Motor Show, after a development period of only six months.
- Build and explore the LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR—an icon of innovative engineering and design!
- Exclusive LEGO Technic replica of the Porsche 911 RSR sports car
- Realistic details include aerodynamic bodywork, black spoked rims, working differential, working steering, independent suspension and a six-cylinder boxer engine with moving pistons
- Porsche 911 RSR model car measures over 5” (13cm) high, 19” (50cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide 1580 pieces – For boys and girls aged 10+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building
The concept was built on the chassis of a 911 (964) Carrera 4 cabriolet, while its bodywork was formed with plastic and carbon fiber panels. What really sets it apart from other Porsche vehicles is its wide wheel covers that were designed to have enough room for various sizes of rims and tires, so if necessary, could be transformed into an off-road car. The three part Speedline wheels used on the concept are exclusive to this vehicle.
- Designed for Lego 42096,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.