If you spend $280,000 CAD on this auction and managed to win, you’ll get a unique 1 of 1 non-fungible token (NFT). This digital asset is basically hosted on the blockchain, inspired by the brand’s GT-R sports car, and was created by Canadian artist Alex McLeod. Now the kicker is that it does come with a bonus in the form of keys to an accompanying 2021 GT-R NISMO Special Edition in an exclusive Stealth Grey exterior color, which makes the reserve price on the auction much more reasonable. Read more for a short video and additional information.
For those interested in bidding, it will be listed on the RubiX Network (RubiX), a premium NFT marketplace on October 5 at 12:01 a.m. ET, with bidding continuing until October 7 at 11:59 p.m. ET. This NFT is backed by RubiX’s proprietary patented technology and built on the most secure as well as sustainable blockchain in the market today, thanks to the company’s Proof of Harvest (PoH) Consensus Mechanism, which reduces carbon emissions. Best of all, profits received by Nissan Canada above the $280,000 reserve is set to be donated to charity following the auction.
- A rare chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Nissan GT-R NISMO!
- With a buildable Nissan GT-R NISMO and 1 collectible minifigure in a Nissan racing suit, this model car kit will captivate both kids and car fans, inspiring them to independent play and letting them stage races with friends
- The mini version of the Nissan GT-R NISMO can be built and displayed or used to race against other LEGO Speed Champions cars
- This 298-piece Nissan GT-R NISMO model car kit provides an exciting mission for boys and girls ages 8+ who love to create and play with toy racing cars. It will make a cherished gift at any time of year
- The Nissan GT-R NISMO measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!
The Nissan GT-R is arguably one of our most iconic vehicles and has been a mainstay in the sports car market since its 2009 Model Year debut. Recognizing NFT followers and car enthusiasts share the same passion for inspired design and a bold approach, Nissan wanted to create an NFT that would celebrate the GT-R’s legacy and mark the launch of its most exclusive edition to date – the 2021 GT-R NISMO Special Edition. It’s been great working with a talented, innovative artist like Alex to bring Nissan Canada’s first-ever NFT to market, and we’re thrilled to reveal the final piece of art today,” said Ken Hearn, Director of Marketing for Nissan Canada Inc.