H/T: Peta Pixel
It’s not everyday that the public gets to see a video produced by the North Korean government, much less have it uploaded to the internet. However, professor Tomohiko Kawaguchi from the College of International Relations at Nihon University covers North Korean news, and managed to dig up this segment, titled “History of Inventions Seen in Manga, Camera.” You’ll see everything from the camera obscura to 35mm film photos and the digital camera revolution. Read more for the video and additional information.
Unfortunately, this has not been subtitled, but you can turn them on through YouTube. One thing they did get wrong is the claim that instant cameras have died out since digital photography took over, but in reality, many companies, including Fujifilm and Canon, are still manufacturing them.
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice; Shutter release: Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.8 - 1/400 sec shutter speeds
- Bulb mode the shutter remains open while the shutter button is depressed (10 seconds maximum) and a light trail can be photographed
- Macro mode short distance photography as close as 30 to 60 centimeter; Lens: Move in or out type lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f=60 millimeter, F=12.7
- Kids mode suitable for photographing kids, pets and other fast moving subjects due to a fast shutter speed
- Easy to use Instant Camera Printer + app to capture, customize, and print your favorite moments.
- Take the IVY CLIQ+2 with you anywhere — it’s pocket-sized and portable.
- Every print is a sticker! Each 2”x3” photo has a Peel & Stick adhesive backing.
- No ink needed! Uses ZINK (Zero Ink) technology to create prints that are Smudge-Free and Water/Tear-Resistant.
- With a Large 2” Selfie Mirror + 8 LED Ring Light you can take the perfect selfies.