Ever wonder what would happen if you nuked the Moon? So did science expert Kurzgesagt, and that’s why his latest video is all about this topic. He covers a scenario where a thermonuclear device is detonated on the surface of the moon, and what the potential hazards could be for astronaut observers, orbiting satellites, space stations, as well as people living here on Earth. Project A119, a top-secret plan developed in 1958 by the United States Air Force, aimed to detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon. Read more for the video and additional information.
Project A119 hoped some of the mysteries in planetary astronomy and astrogeology. If they did conduct this experiment, the explosive device detonated on the surface, not in a lunar crater, would have caused a flash of explosive light so bright that it would have been faintly visible to people on Earth with their naked eye. This show of force could have also resulted in a possible boosting of domestic morale in the capabilities of the United States, a boost that was needed after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race.
- NAUGHTY KIDS FAVORITE TOY! Discover the excitement of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math with 25 Hands-on Experiments. Best christmas or birthday gift for boys, girls, kids, & teens Ages 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Years Old
- STEM kits bring science projects to life through hands-on activities for boys, girls, and teenagers.
- Make rockets from a chemical reaction or a balloon, make fizzy bombs, make a fun explosive bag, and create a color explosion.
- The fact-filled colorful lab guide is chock-full of pictures and information for hours of fun in your own combustion lab!
- TRUST OUR PLAYZ PROMISE - Do your research! You know the quality you will get when purchasing a Playz product. If you are unhappy with your purchase, contact us at anytime for a refund.