Ever wonder what would happen if you nuked the Moon? So did science expert Kurzgesagt, and that’s why his latest video is all about this topic. He covers a scenario where a thermonuclear device is detonated on the surface of the moon, and what the potential hazards could be for astronaut observers, orbiting satellites, space stations, as well as people living here on Earth. Project A119, a top-secret plan developed in 1958 by the United States Air Force, aimed to detonate a nuclear bomb on the Moon. Read more for the video and additional information.
Project A119 hoped some of the mysteries in planetary astronomy and astrogeology. If they did conduct this experiment, the explosive device detonated on the surface, not in a lunar crater, would have caused a flash of explosive light so bright that it would have been faintly visible to people on Earth with their naked eye. This show of force could have also resulted in a possible boosting of domestic morale in the capabilities of the United States, a boost that was needed after the Soviet Union took an early lead in the Space Race.
- KABOOM! The Irresistibly Fun Combustion Chemistry Kit - “CURIOUS” “HIGH ENERGY” “CREATIVE” (or bored 😉 kiddo? We guarantee this becomes your kid’s favorite toy, with the ideal balance of explosive fun kids love and safety you’ll appreciate.
- LOADED WITH VALUE: Our educational science kit comes with 25+ KABOOM science experiments, from making balloon rockets from a chemical reaction, to creating their own fizzy bombs, to creating color explosions to exploding bags and much more!
- AGE APPROPRIATE: Playz KABOOM makes an excellent Christmas or Birthday gift for boys, girls, teens and kids age 8 9 10 11 12 13+ years old, with more than enough kids activity to entertain a room full of teenagers or school-age children.
- EXCITING WAY TO LEARN: Introduce young minds to the exciting world of scientific discoveries through this fun and engaging stem projects for kids ages 8-12 that teaches about the wonders of chemistry with safe and entertaining science experiments.
- THE PLAYZ PROMISE - Not a Science Whiz? You’re Not Alone! That’s why we include a fun fact-filled lab guide with pictures and step-by-step instructions. We guarantee your TOTAL satisfaction with the quality, fun and ease of use or your money back.