We could be just a decade or two away from an actual city on Mars, thanks to the team at “SONet” (Sustainable Offworld Network), which includes Dr. Gisela Detrell from the Institute of Space Systems at the University of Stuttgart (Germany). They developed ‘Nüwa,’ a network of five cities that offers its residents easy access to resources and mobility on a long-term basis. It will be able to expand and grow without supplies or support from Earth, but rather resources from the Red Planet itself. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Nüwa should be able to accomodate a population of 250,000 humans who will reside in macro-buildings excavated inside cliffs as well as Green-Domes, which can double as green parks. The main food source in the city would come from the cultivation of the crops, while micro-algae may also be an important component of their diets. How will people get there? Well, a shuttle service has been proposed capable of transporting people between the planets, leaving every 26 months, with each trip taking anywhere from one to three months, priced at around $300,000 USD one-way.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16” (42cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 2” (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7” (18cm) high, 5” (13cm) wide and 5” (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9” (24cm) high, 4” (12cm) wide and 4” (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3” (8cm) high,14” (36cm) long and 18” (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play
- USAGE: (NOT include the Lego Set) The Light Set is used to light up City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control.
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
The entire city has 278 square meters per person. It also includes some areas at the lower part of the cliff, which is what we are calling The Valley. Those spaces covered the main communal city areas. These caves will host parks, stadiums, or auditoriums. From them, thanks to transparent walls and ceilings, you will be able to contemplate the landscapes of Mars,” said Alfredo Muñoz, an architect and founder of the Abiboo Studio.