NVIDIA Research has developed a new AI model, called NVIDIA GameGAN, that can generate a fully functional version of Pac-Man, even without understanding a game’s fundamental rules. It was trained on 50,000 episodes of the game, and since GameGAN consists of two competing neural networks – a generator and a discriminator – these GAN-based models are capable of learning to create new content that’s convincing enough to pass for the original. Read more for a video and additional information.
While an AI plays the GAN-generated game, GameGAN responds to the agent’s actions, generating new frames of the game environment in real-time. This model can even generate game layouts that it has never seen before, if it is trained on screenplays from games with multiple levels or versions.
- RETRO PLAY authentic color LCD 80's graphics, sounds and game play
- NEW COLOR LCD screen for enhanced gameplay!
- INCLUDES 3 AA batteries for immediate play! Age: 8+
- SHARE perfect for fans or collectors looking to share this classic with the new generation!
- SIZE mini arcade game Dimensions are 4"W x 5. 75"H x 2"D
We were blown away when we saw the results, in disbelief that AI could recreate the iconic PAC-MAN experience without a game engine. This research presents exciting possibilities to help game developers accelerate the creative process of developing new level layouts, characters and even games,” said Koichiro Tsutsumi from BANDAI NAMCO Research Inc., the research development company of the game’s publisher BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.