Many are aware of the semiconductor chip shortage right now, and the cryptocurrency boom has only made things worse. So, NVIDIA decided to ensure that their graphics cards are getting in the hands of gamers rather than miners. In addition to the new CMP (Cryptocurrency Mining Processor) cards, the latest RTX 3060 software drivers are designed to detect specific attributes of the Ethereum cryptocurrency mining algorithm, and then will limit the hash rate, or cryptocurrency mining efficiency, by around 50 percent. Read more for additional information.
CMP products are not for graphics, but rather sold through authorized partners and optimized for the best mining performance and efficiency. The entire line does not meet the specifications required of a GeForce GPU and, thus not impacting the availability of GeForce GPUs to gamers. How so? Well, for starters, they don’t have display outputs, which means improved airflow while mining so they can be more densely packed. These specialized cards also have a lower peak core voltage and frequency, which improves mining power efficiency.
- Welcome to the next generation of gaming performance with the AMD Ryzen 7 4800H mobile processor, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 memory, and 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD storage
- Enjoy fast refresh and deep colors with a 144 Hz refresh rate and outstanding clarity on a 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS display
- The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU is a blazing-fast supercharger for your favorite games and the newest titles
- Get maximum performance via Dual Burn Support, which pushes the CPU and GPU together for improved framerates, and Legion Coldfront 2.0 for thermal tuning
- The Legion TrueStrike keyboard with soft-landing switches delivers hair-trigger inputs
Creating tailored products for customers with specific needs delivers the best value for customers. With CMP, we can help miners build the most efficient data centers while preserving GeForce RTX GPUs for gamers,” said the company.