Photo credit: Antonio De Rosa via Yanko Design
The annual Apple Worldwide Developers Conference begins tomorrow and the company is expected to announce new MacBooks, along with plenty of software updates, but one device you definitely won’t see is this cryptocurrency mining tool. Called Apple Money, this pocket-sized gadget links up with the Apple Card and connects to iOS devices, like the iPhone as well as iPad, to mine cryptocurrencies. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Featuring the Apple Security Chip S2, it’s capable of managing 27 assets as well as ERC20 tokens and connected devices will be able to mine cryptocurrency using an app, letting you deposit things directly to your Apple Card account. Other features include a fingerprint reader, USB Type-C connectivity, a 512 x 64 touchscreen, Bluetooth, NFC, a 2W speaker, bi-directional micrphone, and up to 12-hours of continuous use on a single charge.
- Cryptocurrency Hardware Wallet: allows you to send and receive crypto assets, securely and conveniently. Your Ledger hardware wallet can easily be connected into a computer and managed through the Ledger Live companion app. The Ledger Nano S keeps your private keys protected
- Secure: Your confidential data is never exposed: it is stored inside a strongly isolated Secure Chip, and locked by an 8 digit PIN code
- Multicurrency: enables you to manage multiple assets on the same device, and supports over 30 cryptocurrencies and all ERC20 tokens
- Easy to use: designed around an intuitive user experience. check and confirm transactions on the built-in display and confirm with using the two physical buttons (anti-malware second factor verification)
- Backup & restore: Your accounts are backed up on a recovery sheet, and can easily be restored on any Ledger device or compatible wallet (BIP39/BIP44)